Tuesday 21 April 2015

Chosen


A simple, but not so simple thought that will forever ring true for every single soul on the planet:

Everybody wants to be loved. 


Everybody wants to feel they're worth something, that they're worth loving, that they're worth being chosen

Do you have any idea how amazing it is to know that God chose us? As I sit here at work, thinking about where I am in my life, who I am, what I've been blessed with, the hard times I've gone through, the amazing things I've received in my life......the one thing that stands out to me the most is that I have tasted and seen God's love for me. Nothing else could ever matter more to me than that.

And to think about the flip side...

I could have died never knowing about Jesus' love for me.

And not just the kind of flaky knowledge of Jesus loving everyone, but actually knowing that it's personal. He chose me. If it were up to me, I would have chosen myself. Heck, I still do most times! But to know that I have been chosen, set apart, because Jesus has way more for me than I can ever imagine...it makes me so fulfilled.

But getting back to the flip side of the story...

My heart breaks for those that never knew, or never will know what it means to be chosen by God. He chose us, everyone. Yet, people still die everyday never knowing Him, never knowing all that he has for them, never knowing His love, His embrace, His smile, His touch, His personal and all-powerful, unwavering love for each of us.

Man, if my heart hurts from that thought, I can't imagine God's heart.


"You did not choose me, but I chose you..."
John 15:16

No comments:

Post a Comment